[mythtv-users] Position bar broken with DVB-T radio

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Feb 10 21:13:36 UTC 2011

On 02/07/2011 01:15 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>  On 02/07/2011 10:14 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Query for Mike Dean - if he's reading this:  Does 'mythfrontend
>> --version' count as a second instance of mythfrontend?
>
> It shouldn't, but I heard a rumor that mythfrontend --version has been
> segfaulting before giving useful output for a while.  I assumed that
> it was due to a lack of X authorization (i.e. when run in an ssh
> session without -Y or whatever).
>
> I'll look into both issues later today.

FWIW, Gavin Hurlbut fixed (in unstable/development) the issue where
mythfrontend would crash if you didn't specify a valid ServicePort.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/471284#471284 .

I was unable to reproduce a crash from calling mythfrontend --version on
either unstable/development or 0.24-fixes, with and without another
mythfrontend instance running, and with and without X authorization.

Mike