[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 18:47:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Reynolds, Brian
<Brian.Reynolds at fiserv.com> wrote:
> 2)I can go with MythTV and use the HD HomeRun Prime to capture the
> analog HD output of FOUR cable boxes.  However, this costs an extra
> $32/month to rent those cable boxes, and I'm not too sure the
> remote-control interface will work well and integrate seamlessly into
> Myth.  Maybe you guys can help me with that?

The HDHR Prime has carries a CableCard and three tuners.  For three
concurrent recordings, you would have the initial cost of the HDHR-P,
and the monthly rental of one CableCard.  This would allow you to
record any of the channels that are marked copy-freely in the
transmission.

Perhaps you're thinking of the Hauppauge HD-PVR - this takes a
component input and connects to the PC via USB.  You would need one of
those and one cable box for each recording.