[mythtv-users] [old] Re: XvMC and libmpeg2 to be dropped in 0.25

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 22:49:02 UTC 2011

On 10 February 2011 02:19, Svend Høst <svend at hoest.nu> wrote:

> I'm not sure what the diffs are in the protocol between .24 and .25, and
> maybe there is a valid reason for being rigid (using Brians words). But
> chances are that if this was a key issue for the developers, they could make
> it work.

The issue isn't the much in the protocol between the backend and the
frontend but more so with the database. There's no abstraction layer
between the frontend and the database unfortunately.

The protocol used by mythbackend while it has changed version is still
fundamentally compatible with earlier version.

JY