[mythtv-users] Segfault when try to run mythfrontend a second time

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Feb 9 20:18:32 UTC 2011

On 01/30/2011 10:48 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>  On 01/30/2011 05:39 PM, John Veness wrote:
>> Also out of interest, do you know what commit changed the observed
>> behaviour in 0.24-fixes a few days ago? I've been able to run two
>> mythfrontends simultaneously on the same machine and same logged-in
>> users for the last couple of years without this issue.
> No, sorry.  If I did know, it wouldn't be segfaulting, but would exit
> with a useful error message telling you how to fix the problem.  :)

Just wanted to mention that Gavin Hurlbut spent some serious time
tracking down the issue, yesterday and the segfault has been fixed in
development code.

The fix may not be backported to 0.24-fixes, since it's rather invasive,
but really, specifying a proper ServicePort is the correct way to
configure your MythTV frontends, anyway.  It's quite
possible--especially with some of the work being done to improve UPnP
support and as we start to rely even more on its capabilities--we'll
actually make the frontend exit with a useful error when configured with
an invalid (overlapping) ServicePort.

Mike