[mythtv-users] [old] Re: XvMC and libmpeg2 to be dropped in 0.25

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 00:01:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net> wrote:

> I suppose that when 0.25 comes out I'll have to buy another small
> frontend, unless I can figure out some way to get VDPAU working on this
> machine.  Not a break-the-bank proposition, but I really don't need to be
> spending more money on hardware right now.  Oh, well.

Or, as we have tried to make as clear as we can, simply don't upgrade MythTV
if you need some functionality which is not available in a later version.
 Yes, if you run into a bug it's unlikely you'll get official support for it
if you're running a particularly old version, but not upgrading software if
you can't afford to upgrade hardware is an a-ok option.

Robert