[mythtv-users] Running Dual pcHDTV cards

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Tue Feb 8 18:54:54 UTC 2011

On 2/8/2011 12:45 PM, Brent Bolin wrote:

> I have (2) pcHD5500's and (2) DvicoFusion7 tuners

<snip>

> Using them strictly for OTA(antenna) HD recordings. Dedicated back
> end.  Often have 6 HD recordings running at the same time.
>
> Originally had them running on an AMD Phenom II Dual 3GHz.  Now
> running on AMD Phenom II Quad 3.2Ghz
>
> Is this running as back end only?  2GB RAM seems pretty low.

Hmmm... This is definitely a lesser CPU than what you're running.  (P4-HT is not exactly dual core)
And I double checked and need to make a correction: My system has 1GB of RAM.

And answering your question: This is a FE/BE system. But I wasn't watching
anything at the time during the recording.

I can bump the memory if it helps, I just remember MythTV not requiring so much on the FE.
Oh well.

Sounds like this year might be a planned upgrade year. :p

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.