[mythtv-users] Mythtv usability, the Superbowl and a couple of issues

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 7 18:37:06 UTC 2011

  On 02/07/2011 12:24 PM, John Pham wrote:
>> 4) After I caught up with realtime I wanted to switch to livetv. I
>> don't use LiveTV very often.  The screen froze at "Please wait" and I
>> was forced to kill the frontend and relaunch. Here is a snip from my
>> frontend log.
> Live TV frozen at "Please Wait" is a known problem. I'm not sure if
> the dev are working on it. For now those of us that are affected by
> this issue will just have to wait for a fix. More here:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/469656?page=unread#unread
>

> To fix your channel icon issue, go here:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_icons

For all who are affected, you should update to the most-current
0.24-fixes possible.  There's a good chance that most of the issues have
been fixed, now.  There may be one remaining issue--but it's only likely
to affect people who have extremely-slow-tuning capture devices (like
the HD-PVR and maybe some satellite/DiSEqC or whatever) that take longer
than maybe 7 seconds to tune.

FWIW, Live TV channel and program changes are working fine on my system
and on another system I maintain (whose users actually still use Live
TV) with 0.24-fixes as of 1a69c92db869ebb47b638404ac4fd1bb4078c584 , Sat
Feb 5 03:45:09 UTC 2011 a.k.a. Fri Feb  4 22:45:09 (US) EST 2011, a.k.a.
Fri Feb  4 19:45:09 (US) PST 2011.

Mike