[mythtv-users] No passive EIT on Live TV, only on recordings

Michel Meyers steltek at tcnnet.com
Mon Feb 7 15:37:44 UTC 2011

On 30/12/2010 11:59, Martin van Es wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 11:52, Mike Perkins
> <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>> On 30/12/10 10:08, Martin van Es wrote:
>>>
>>> I have never been able to reap DVB-C EIT info while watching live-tv,
>>> only when a pre-scheduled recording starts. I don't want to use active
>>> scan since it hammers my system 24/7 while EIT can be reaped within 1
>>> minute of recording. The problem is that sometimes I don't have any
>>> recordings scheduled for 1 or 2 days, and Ziggo (dutch cable company)
>>> only supplies 4 days in advance. So I start to run out of EPG quite
>>> fast.

Was there ever any progress on this? I seem to have this same issue on
DVB-S with one particular transponder. (MTV Germany / VIVA Germany on
Astra 19.2E)

I'm not entirely sure why but my suspicion is that this started being a
problem when one of the channels on that transponder became encrypted.
(Beginning of the year, 'MTV Germany' was made 'PayTV' while VIVA
remains Free to Air.)

I don't have my logs handy right now but can look into producing some
debug output if any of the developers want to have a look.

- Michel