[mythtv-users] Position bar broken with DVB-T radio

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Feb 7 15:14:35 UTC 2011

On 07/02/11 10:26, John Veness wrote:
> On 07/02/2011 10:23, John Veness wrote:
>> After I installed the latest Mythbuntu 0.24-fixes autobuilds on the
>> weekend, the position bar (that you see when you press I, or when you
>> seek forwards or backwards) doesn't work properly on UK DVB-T radio
>> programmes, i.e. ones with audio and MHEG-only, no video.
>
> I forgot to say that it seems that I can successfully seek through the
> program, e.g. when I press the cursor keys it sounds like it goes
> forwards/backwards by 10 minutes or whatever the seek settings are set
> to, but without the position bar working properly, it is hard to tell.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John

This isn't what you asked, but it seems to be ok for me, with a
recording in progress, on the latest  (3Feb)  build from ATrpms.

'mythfrontend --version' gives
MythTV Version   : v0.24-155-g295abfb
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24

while the changelog for the mytvtv-frontend shows

2011-02-03  Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net> - 0.24-264
   - Update to latest git fixes (v0.24-150-g08a8a65).

..there's been a thread asking about the new versioning on  atrpms-users
recently and it looks as if a bit more digging would be appropriate.  It
looks as if five new commits sneaked in while Axel wasn't looking!

I'll also add that while I was writing this, with two recordings in
progress, and checking the data in it, screen updating on the FE/BE box
slowed to a crawl for several minutes while lots of disk activity
occurred.  Worrying.  The TV recording has a corrupt section and I
expect the radio one has too, although the  backend log suggests it may
be after the section I wanted. AFICT all is back to normal now.

Query for Mike Dean - if he's reading this:  Does 'mythfrontend
--version' count as a second instance of mythfrontend?

HTH,  John P