[mythtv-users] New frontend, some questions

raptor jr raptorjr at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 20:42:37 UTC 2011

>Can you paste the contents of your verbose.cpp file in the main 'mythtv'
>directory of your git checkout? It looks like your value for
>myth_source_path is wrong somehow. Please paste the output of
>'git branch' as well when run from inside the 'mythtv' top level source
>directory. This command is used to populate the myth_source_path
>variable.

Maybe it is my fault then? I haven't really learned how to update my 2nd diskless frontend so copied the whole source folder that i used on my backend. And then built and installed everything on the 2nd frontend. Maybe something got missing? Anyway, maybe some kind of error should show up if the download fails in some way?
But in the case that it isn't my fault, here is what you request.

I guess this is the right directory?
AUTHORS    config.h    configure  database  FAQ      keys.txt  Makefile  README        UPGRADING    version.sh
bindings   config.log  contrib    docs      filters  libs      mythtv    settings.pro  version.cpp
config.ep  config.mak  COPYING    external  i18n     locales   programs  themes        version.pro
stefan at 001cc0b4d8ba:~/mythtv/mythtv/mythtv$ git branch
* master
stefan at 001cc0b4d8ba:~/mythtv/mythtv/mythtv$

I cant find a verbose.cpp file? But i have a version.cpp that seems to contain a empty myth_source_path?
#include "mythexp.h"
#include "mythversion.h"
const MPUBLIC char *myth_source_version = "Unknown";
const MPUBLIC char *myth_source_path = "";
const MPUBLIC char *myth_binary_version = MYTH_BINARY_VERSION;
version.cpp (END)

It is not the latest trunk, maybe a week old if that matters? I'm so sorry if this is my fault, but appreciate your help.

/Stefan