[mythtv-users] 2 mux on same time

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 13:11:50 UTC 2011

Adam Juraszek wrote:

>I might have a similar problem. I'm building my first mythtv system:
>dedicated BE with 4 dvb-s2 tuners and 3 FEs. FEs will use LiveTV most
>of time. In my country (Czech Republic) are all channels located on 8
>different multiplexes.
>I have been solving some lirc and system related problems so far and
>now one FE works fine; this weekend I wanted to make more FEs work
>simultanously.
>
>Even manual changing of input can't work, because I don't know which
>inputs are in use.
>Does this mean it is impossible to configure mythtv as I wanted? Is
>there any workaround?

As far as I know, Myth won't work as you want.
The easiest way to deal with it, if all your channels are available
on each input, is to simply have each frontend use a specific tuner -
but I'm not aware of any way to prevent the scheduler using one of
them for recordings and thus blocking the frontend.
--
Simon Hobson