[mythtv-users] FW: Help understand the interface of Myth Media & Video Gallery

Anthony Rooney rooneyo at iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 4 13:40:26 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of John Pilkington
Sent: Friday, 4 February 2011 9:24 PM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] FW: Help understand the interface of Myth Media
& Video Gallery

On 04/02/11 10:40, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 04/02/11 10:28, Anthony Rooney wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> Hi Anthony,
>> As other posters have indicated, please post your responses after the
>> quoted text. Top posting (putting your reply above the quoted text)
>> is considered against the etiquette on this list.
>
>> Best of luck with your myth installation.
>>

>> -Greg
>>
>> Hi Greg
>>
>> I do not know what you and others mean by "Top Posting".
>>
>> All I have done is select Reply in my mail client and started writing
>> a message. How can this be considered impolite??
>>
>> This time I have scrolled down to the bottom of the message and
>> inserted this text.
>>
>> Is this OK?
>>
>> Anthony
>
> Yes, it's fine, apart from the 'Why should I do it this way' tone.
>
> That's the way this list has always run. It keeps things in sequence
> and people know where to look for the new stuff.
>
> Your email client probably has a setting to quote the original before
> your reply. It may even be destination-sensitive.
>
> John P

And the list rules also specify text only - not HTML.  Perhaps M$ can manage
that too...

Greg

What do you mean by 'Why should I do it this way' tone.

Do you know another way of asking a question without asking why?

Do you really need to resort to such precious condescending crap when
someone ask a genuine question?

Perhaps you should get the M$ monkey off your shoulder as you don't have to
keep on proving yourself.