[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode results in distorted audio

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 00:40:53 UTC 2011

Since I am running out of HDD space, I have been playing around with
transcoding my MPEG2 HDTV recordings (some OTA, some Firewire) to
MPEG4 using the built-in transcoder in MythTV.  Unfortunately, the
transcoding process is resulting in distorted audio.  The video
appears okay (maybe it's playing back a little bit slower?), but
speech is extremely slow and is pretty much inaudible.

I've adjusted the transcoding settings to do both MP3 and uncompressed
audio, but it's not helping.

Any ideas?

Thanks!