[mythtv-users] Watch TV hangs on Please Wait...

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue Feb 1 23:20:37 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> >> Just a "me too"...I had the *exact* same issue on one of my frontends
> >> after upgrading to latest 0.24-fixes yesterday (I think it was ~10
> >> days since the last upgrade), but i thought it was some local problem
> >> (I've had other unrelated problems recently). I did try out a lot of
> >> different things, but in the end I deleted all frontend settings, and
> >> all of my channels on the backend. After rescanning the channels and
> >> configuring audio and video on the frontend, the problem was solved -
> >> or at least it didn't occur any more.
> >>
> >> Someone who still has the issue should probably hook gdb into the
> >> process, to see what's going on.
> >
> > Note, also, that it seems that 2 of our experts may be hot on the trail
> of
> > fixing this issue.

If the experts need any additional logs or other data, they just need to
ask.

> > Which capture devices are you all using?  They seem to have found an
> issue
> > that may affect Live TV for all HD-PVR users (and possibly other
> slow-tuning
> > devices)

I have two HVR-1600 capture cards.

I've seen this a couple of times.  Only when using LiveTV.  Rarely use
> LiveTV only for news in the morning.

I only experience the hanging with LiveTV.  Never any problems with playback
of previously recorded material.  My configuration allows me to watch live
TV directly on the TV without using MythTV or its capture cards.  But it
would be nice not having to keep explaining to my wife that if she wants to
watch live tv, which setup to use.

Clifford