[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 1950 and Ubuntu 10.04- Not creating /dev/video0

Nicholas Oleksinski noleksin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 14:30:19 UTC 2011

See below...

The one that recommended anything contrary to what's in the official

> HOWTO is wrong. :)
>
> Assuming you're talking about the squidpower link, yes, that route may
> work if you only ever want to use the analog side, but its not the
> right way to set up this device.
>
> > Not sure what to do here, and also I cannot find what is called here 'the
> "Analog Options" button within the DVB configuration panel'.
>
> I don't have any hybrid capture devices in front of me that I could
> check against, but I know I've seen it there somewhere before...
>
> > I know I'll get through this eventually.  One might consider adding this
> link to:
> >
> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_WinTV_HVR-1950_USB
>
> Its a wiki, go for it. :)
>
> --
> Jarod Wilson
> jarod at wilsonet.com

Hi Jarod et al:
I followed the instructions exactly, and edited the wiki.
When I click on "watch tv" it just hangs on "Pleas..."

To test my system further I was able to open /dev/video0 as a PVR in VLC and
I can tune the analog stations using this table.  The picture looks good and
all seems to be working:

http://www.jneuhaus.com/fccindex/cablech.html

Here is an example command:

v4l2-ctl -f 601.25 (tunes to analog channel 87)

So at this point I'm pretty confident that the device and the system are
working together fine, but something about MythTV is still not working.

Can anyone suggest next steps?
Thanks