[mythtv-users] what do do about wrong data in myth video?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 18:29:33 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> As an aside, your *original* title scans and parses perfectly for me too--
> the ( ends up in the title and then is stripped out in the metadata lookup
> because the closest return is the TV show "Rescue Me."
>
> Try it yourself, and make sure to scan in MythVideo.  Do not insert using
> any other tool, do not under any circumstances scan in MythWeb.
>
> Post logs if it goes wrong.
>
> Robert

It always used to work for me too... seems that this entire episode of
bizarre behavior started as a regression from an update I did at some
point in the last year... I just never had time to look into it until
now.

Some episode numbers of my original format worked fine for me too.
But other episode numbers wouldn't - and it appeared that what
happened on those is that it identified the show properly, got an ID
number from one metadata service, and then, for whatever reason, did
the metadata download from another metadata service, where it grabbed
info about a completely different show because they use a different ID
numbering system.

Assuming it doesn't confuse itself again today, I'll probably quit
bugging everyone about it now.

But there is definitely a subtle bug causing unexpected behavior in
there somewhere.  And I have yet to track down the exact trigger for
it going wrong.

Thanks,

Dan