[mythtv-users] switching to composite input kills backend

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Dec 31 05:40:10 UTC 2011

On 12/31/2011 00:17, Robert M. Riches Jr. wrote:
> Also, using v4l2-ctl to set input and etc.,
> then a simple "cat /dev/video0>  some-file.mpg" works well--
> _PROVIDED_  mythbackend is stopped while doing that.

I wasn't certain if the 1950 was a dual tuner (both inputs can be used
simultaneously) or hybrid tuner (only one can be used at a time).  By
default, MythTV will lock access to digital tuners at all times, to
prevent getting into a situation where another application has grabbed
it causing MythTV itself to be locked out when it goes to record.  As a
consequence, this means the analog half of a hybrid tuner is locked as
well.  You can disable this behavior in mythtv-setup.