[mythtv-users] searching dialog then player abort after BE migration

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 03:50:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

Previously I was using a combined FE+BE setup.  Last night, I moved
the backend to another server, using this[1] as a guide.

I've only done brief testing so far, but everything appears to
mostly work, except one thing: for the most recent recordings---that
is, those that were recorded on the new backend, there is a problem
with playback.  If I just play, everything is OK.  But if try to use
the arrow keys to skip forward or back (e.g. skip past the show's
intro), then the video freezes, the "Searching..." dialog comes up
for about three whole minutes, then playback completely aborts and I
am returned to the recordings listing screen.

For the videos that were recorded on the old (retired) backend, this
does not happen.  Note that I moved the physical storage drive to
the other server, so new recordings live in the same directory as
the old recordings.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!
Matt