[mythtv-users] what do do about wrong data in myth video?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 22:11:28 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 6:04 AM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> dare I say, this is open source?
>>

>> This is the mythtv-users mailing list. Not all users can write, or even
>> read, code.

> But the person asking is asking where it happens (in the code). So his
> question is how to navigate the code base which is not a stupid question if
> like me they have never worked on large software projects.

On my system I have /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py and
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py which I think is code
to do lookups in themoviedb.org and thetvdb.com.

However there surely must be some logic above this which determines
whether a movie or a tv lookup should be made. you may need to go into
the mythvideo c++ code to find where and how these are called.

Perhaps it would be easier to just use the mythtv naming conventions?