[mythtv-users] folder.jpg use

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 30 14:49:12 UTC 2011

After Robert's suggestion (thanks for the reply and the clarification), I am re-posting this in the users's list:

Hi, everyone.

I wonder if I should open a ticket about this: I was rearranging my storage group folders and I realised that the picture in a folder.jpg file was not used by the video browser.

The relevant folder hierarchy is:

<SG>/storage/Action/James Bond/

There are films in both the 'Action' folder and the 'James Bond' subfolder. The top level 'folder.jpg' file is in 'storage'. However, it is not used (just the generic folder icon appears) because the first film is 3 levels under it. My point is that the mere presence of the 'storage' folder in mythvideo shows it's got videos somewhere under it. So, shouldn't the 'folder.jpg' picture be used anyway?

I am using master.

I am not using browse mode. The problem goes away if the alphabetically first folder under /storage/ doesn't have a subfolder, only videos.

I think it's easy to reproduce.

Thanks in advance,

Yianni.