[mythtv-users] Problems after 0.24 upgrade

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 28 03:20:05 UTC 2011

On 12/27/2011 02:50 PM, Keith Pyle wrote:
> I've seen some minor problems since upgrading from 0.21 to 0.24 and
> would appreciate any suggestions for resolving them.
> --- Problem 2: Mute does not work in mythfrontend.  The "Mute on" banner
> pops up in response to a mute key (keyboard or remote), but sound does
> not mute.  This happens on both a frontend with HDMI video/audio to the
> television and on a frontend instance running on a Linux desktop with
> integrated audio, so it doesn't seem hardware specific.  On both
> frontend instances, sound can be muted via alsamixer.  For the desktop
> instance, the settings are:
>
>      Audio output device: ALSA:default
>      Mixer device: /dev/mixer
>      Mixer controls: PCM

/dev/mixer is OSS

Change mixer device to "default" (no quotes) or output device to /dev/dsp

> --- Problem 3: Preview images are blank/black in mythweb on the
> "recorded" page, but appear normally in mythfrontend.  If I extract one
> of the image URL's from the page source and try to load it individually,
> the HTTP response headers are:
>
> Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 19:41:53 GMT
> Server: Apache
> Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
> Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
> Pragma: no-cache
>
> 200 OK
>
> Yet, the preview image file does exist and mythfrontend shows the image.

Sounds like you have corrupt seek tables (something about them changed
between 0.21 and 0.23), so they need to be rebuilt.  Existing preview
images (those created by 0.21-fixes) work fine, and new recording seek
tables are good for 0.24-fixes, but when 0.24-fixes tries to create a
large-image preview of an old recording for MythWeb, it fails.

You'll want to do http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Repairing_the_Seektable on
each recording...  You can do that easily enough with a script and much
patience while it runs.

Mike