[mythtv-users] What's the status of the Freeview HD audio problem

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Dec 27 21:51:40 UTC 2011

On 27/12/11 21:25, Paul Gardiner wrote:

>> I tried an experimental mytharchive run on an HD recording, but the
>> conversion to mpeg2 failed at a programme transition; sound changed from
>> stereo to 5.1 and nothing further seemed to happen.  My fixes build,
>> from ATrpms, is dated 8 November.  I think normal playback was ok, but I
>> only have stereo and a system underpowered for this stuff.
>
> Yes, that's the one. So are you saying it still doesn't work for
> you with the fix? I'm seeing problems with normal playback. Haven't
> tried archiving.
>
> Cheers,
> 	Paul.

I'm saying that I haven't been able to do a comprehensive test on
playback but I did have a failure in mythtranscode that looked similar
to the problems that I used to see quite often in the days when I would
use it on raw dvb-t recordings; AIUI it just couldn't handle audio
streams that came and went.  Sorry that's a bit off your real topic, but
I'd like to find a usable alternative for HD recordings; ProjectX
doesn't seem to be it.

Cheers,

john P