[mythtv-users] What's the status of the Freeview HD audio problem

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Dec 27 20:44:33 UTC 2011

On 27/12/11 16:35, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> Just upgraded my girlfriend's mythtv system to handle
> Freeview HD and she's losing audio in some recordings.
> Sometimes ending playback and returning helps, sometimes
> not. I thought I'd found a commit from two months ago
> that fixed this, but I'm pretty sure the version of
> mythtv she is running it newer than that. Anybody
> know what the status of this problem is?
>
> Cheers,
> 	Paul.

I guess you mean

       Author:  Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at mythtv.org>
  Change Date:  2011-10-17T19:37:58-07:00
    Push Date:  2011/10/17 19:38:13 -0700
   Repository:  mythtv
       Branch:  fixes/0.24
New Revision:  274470c26d93f71534cbc5dd094e3034591293ea
    Changeset:  https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/274470c26

Log:

Fix AAC/LATM playback for streams with changing config

Refs #10079.

I tried an experimental mytharchive run on an HD recording, but the
conversion to mpeg2 failed at a programme transition; sound changed from
stereo to 5.1 and nothing further seemed to happen.  My fixes build,
from ATrpms, is dated 8 November.  I think normal playback was ok, but I
only have stereo and a system underpowered for this stuff.

John P