[mythtv-users] 0.24-fixes: recordings deleting from drive but not from database?

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Tue Dec 27 12:50:47 UTC 2011

On 12/26/2011 12:47 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> lately, on both my and my parent's setup I've noticed this occurring a lot:
>
> 2011-12-26 09:45:23.414 ProgramInfo(1394_20111226050000.mpg), Error:
> GetPlaybackURL: '1394_20111226050000.mpg' should be local, but it can
> not be found.
>
> indicating that files are being deleted from the drive but not from
> the database for some reason.
>
> anyone seen this before? any idea what's going on?

I've seen this quite a few times on my system. I believe this issue
begins when a recording fails. I think the entry gets made in the db but
then no file is created. Then when the auto-delete process gets around
to expiring/deleting those it cannot find the file and produces this error.

I used touch to create the missing files and that seems to resolve it.

Eventually I tracked down all of my failed recordings to just 2 channels
and was then able to find that both of them were missing their xmltvid
in the channel setup. I manually entered those and the failed recording
and these error messages went away for good.

I doubt you have the exact same issue but it could be something similar
causing failed recordings.