[mythtv-users] pvr150 and channel changes not working on live TV

Saul A. Peebsen jaglover at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 00:08:07 UTC 2011

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 08:00:28 -0600
John Nissley <jnissley at nissley.org> wrote:

> I realize that live tv is something that the devs are not that
> interested in and I am not either, however, my wife still likes to
> flip mindlessly between channels most nights and she only knows the
> analog channels we are still getting from our cable provider.  I have
> tried to set up recordings for her to watch of the shows that she
> mindlessly flips between but that has not worked.
>
> I am running Fedora 15 and am able to set up my pvr150 fine and when
> I initially select the pvr150 the video displays fine and the sound
> is fine.  When I try to change channels I get about 30 seconds of the
> screen freezing and then the frontend comes back with video frame
> buffering failed too many times.  This is a card that has worked
> flawlessly for me in the past and according to the wiki's I have been
> reading the ivtv cards like the pvr150 should just work now with
> nothing special needing to be done.
>
> Can anyone please help me with this issue?  By the way my hdpvr and
> hdhr tuners change channels fine.

Welcome to the club.
I had the very same problem with my V4L framegrabber card, PVR-250 was
working fine. Then after an upgrade PVR-250 stopped changing channels,
framegrabber stopped working with MythTV at all (still works with other
software). So I tossed it and bought a 2250, still watching analog.
Then, after another upgrade 2250 stopped working. I just downgraded the
MythTV ...

Oh, and once upon time, methinks it was in 0.22, the V4L framegrabber
and IVTV card both worked perfectly.

--
Cheers, Saul