[mythtv-users] TV Tuners, backend PC, etc

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Dec 25 11:29:41 UTC 2011

On 24/12/11 18:40, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]
But, but, it's a computer! Of course it knows everything! :-)

Yup. I'm guessing that it has non-volatile memory where it keeps the last known
state of everything. Of course, it is possible for it to get out of step, but
there are several ways to use the remote to fix any problems like that.

The point I was making in mentioning such a remote is that it is optimized for
controlling several different devices, whereas using a single remote and hacking
LIRC might give the non-technical user a less-than-friendly experience.

If she wants to watch myth, she just presses a button labeled "Watch Myth" and
all the setup is done for her. So much easier than having to remember what does
what each time.

--

Mike Perkins