[mythtv-users] Mythtv-Setup cannot tune channels on HD-Homerun

Henrik Østergaard Madsen henrik at ostergaard.net
Fri Dec 23 22:27:50 UTC 2011

Den 23-12-2011 21:01, Kenni Lund skrev:

> Den 23/12/2011 17.18 skrev "Henrik Østergaard Madsen"
> <henrik at ostergaard.net <mailto:henrik at ostergaard.net>>:
> >
> > Myth can see it through mythtv-setup (although I use the IP address
> as it it sitting on another subnet), but it cannot find any channels.
> It does not matter if I try a full scan or a single-channel manual
> scan (tuned scan) on a known frequency.
>
> You need to use the tuned scanning for Yousee, otherwise you'll not be
> able to find all channels (some should be found with the full scan,
> just not all).
>
> > I have tried all I can think of - I am using myth 0.24.1, but tried
> the trunk version - no change. I cannot see where the symbolrate
> (which is 6875) can be set
>
> When I configured my HDHR for YouSee, I think I configured the symbol
> rate on the tuner beforehand, using the graphical utility or the
> command line utility from Silicondust. But I don't remember the
> details, sorry - I've only done it once and I got it working fairly
> quickly.
>
> Best regards
> Kenni

Thanks for the reply!

But I think that I did set up the HD Homerun tuner appropriately and it
is not ascan that it did not find some channels - it cannot find any at
all. Even if i just scan one frequency :-(

The command line utility has no problem finding them.. And using the
Windows GUI I have set the EU Cable and DVB-C and probably also the
symbol rate. It just fuzzes me, as I have read about others being able
to tune several sources with varying symbol rates..

Regards
Henrikost