[mythtv-users] Mythtv-Setup cannot tune channels on HD-Homerun

Henrik Østergaard Madsen henrik at ostergaard.net
Fri Dec 23 16:18:19 UTC 2011

I have just got a new HD-Homerun dual EU-version. Using the
hdhomerun-config i linux (from the Mythbox), I am able to find it and
scan the channels without problems.

Myth can see it through mythtv-setup (although I use the IP address as
it it sitting on another subnet), but it cannot find any channels. It
does not matter if I try a full scan or a single-channel manual scan
(tuned scan) on a known frequency. I can see it does get signal strength
information back from the hdhomerun.

I have tried all I can think of - I am using myth 0.24.1, but tried the
trunk version - no change. I cannot see where the symbolrate (which is
6875) can be set, but all other things can, but to no avail. I have
tried to find TV only and TV&Radio, and unecrypted only or all. My
provider is YouSee cable.

I have a DVB-C PCI card, which tunes fine, and have tried to use the
video source settings from that, incl tuning the known multiplexes, but
it still cannot find any channels. Not surprisingly, it cannot record in
myth either, even as it does get activated.

Any good ideas to try? This does not seem to be a common problem
according to the Internet forums Sad Any help is appreciated Smile

BTW - using the Windows software from Silicon Dust, I am able to watch
TV, but scanning for channels fails here to. I have to manually enter
the channel data to tune it..

Regards
Henrikost