[mythtv-users] One disc drive seems fine

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Dec 23 14:44:17 UTC 2011

Just upgraded my girlfriends combined FE/BE to play HD in the UK.
Added a Geforce 210 for playback and a PCTV 290e USB stick for
recording. It has just one disc drive for OS and recordings.
I expected problems, but I experimented last night. Seemed
to be able to handle 4 simultaneous HD recordings and one playback
with no apparent difficulty. It's just a 500GB drive, so I
guess she might find it tight on space, but performance-wise
it seems fine. Just thought I'd feedback to the list.

Cheers,
	Paul.