[mythtv-users] Cross-compiled win32 binaries failing to run

Markus Mattinen thechoris at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 09:50:16 UTC 2011

2011/12/20 Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk>

> What version of Myth are you building?  The safe bet is fixes/0.24.1
> The script sometimes falls behind git master due to adding/removing
> libraries.  If that's the case then let me know and I'll get it fixed.
> --
> Lawrence

It's not about the version I'm building - I just tried fixes/0.24 and got
the same result.
According to my limited debugging capabilities, it seems to stop running
when it encounters the first movq instruction.
Does that mean there's something wrong with my mingw32 or the cpu
architecture I'm building for?
Should I be specifying a -c <cpu> or {CFLAGS,CXXFLAGS}="-march=<something>"
when building on a 64 bit machine with mingw32?

I just tried some different options for those (native and i486) but those
failed to compile with "Error: unsupported for `movq'" assembler messages.
What should I be using?