[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 32bit - how much RAM can it use?

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Sun Dec 18 16:03:43 UTC 2011

Hi-yas!

I moved my workstation motherboard into my mythbox, so now the 32-bit OS has
access to 8G ram.
However it only "sees" 2.5G

Is there some tweak I can do to this?  I expected it to use at least 4G.

Guess I could update to 64bit Mythbuntu ... but the WAF would be low, since
i reckon it would take at least a couple of days to sort it all out to back
how it was (firmware for PCI cards, channel setup, etc.).

The memory is an issue because this box (given it's always on) also serves
the kids' minecraft server, which is a real RAM hog.

thanks,
-kt