[mythtv-users] Planning to rebuild Myth backend, just need database?

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:28:06 UTC 2011

On 16 December 2011 16:17, Dave Richardson <mythtv at derdev.com> wrote:
> I've had longterm, unresolved package dependencies on my Ubuntu 10
> backend.  As a result, I have not been able to upgrade to the Ubuntu 11
> series.  I have decided to take my medicine and just wipe the OS partition
> and apply a new install of Ubuntu 11.10 so that I can rejoin the
> distribution's maintenance lifecycle.

so ubuntu, or mythbuntu

if myth, then in the control center you have a backup/restore option.

i'd like to say im 100% sure on this, but i cant - your right that all
you need is the database file.
i'm sure i've just restored the database file and things work fine,
but i've done that much with a recent migration from joint BE/FE, to
split BE/FE machines im just not 100%!!