[mythtv-users] anyone using percona instead of mysql (stock)?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 19:13:13 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 18:57, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:
> I was asking about MythTV specific tuning, but if there is nothing
> specific to MythTV in what you did, then consider it moot.

While you need to think about the suggestions
and whether they are appropriate, mysqltuner.pl
does provide a good starting point to tune your
mysql database server for any service (including
mythtv).

Note that I have this vague recollection that one
of the devs indicated that some of the current
mythtv sql statements were using features that
performed somewhat poorly on innodb, and that
some work in that area was needed at some point
(and is why the default create table statements
would specify myisam now that mysql defaulted
to innodb on some versions).

Gary