[mythtv-users] what do do about wrong data in myth video?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 06:33:21 UTC 2011

I don't like the supported naming schemes.  Previously, I was using []
- and I know those choke it.  For some reasons I thought () were ok.
Guess not.

Can I just turn it off?  My naming scheme suits me just fine.  I don't
really care about the extra data anyway.

It still gets it wrong sometimes, even on simple movie titles.

> Use the Reset Metadata/Reset Details menu option, or move the file out,
> scan, move the file in, scan.

Won't this just cause it to get it wrong again, the next time it goes
out to pick up data?

I know there is a pretty evil regular expression involved in trying to
pick these out... wouldn't it be easier if the users could just
specify their own pattern(s)?