[mythtv-users] HDHR + Over the Air + Sony Network Media Player + Buffalo NAS

Jeff Tucker jefftucker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 00:27:14 UTC 2011

Gentlemen,

I am new to this forum so please point me in the right direction if this is
not the place to post configuration questions for my specific environment.

I have a dual tuner HDHR on my network that is attached to an Antenna. I
have installed the latest Mythbuntu on a laptop.

Out of the box it works well and I am able to record and play the recording
back via VLC. The format seems to be MPG which I have heard is MPEG-2.

My problem is that I want to view the recordings on the Sony Media Player
but it supports DivX, WMV9, MPEG-1/2, AVCHD, MPEG-4 AVC, MKV. The current
format is not recognized by the media player.

Is there a way to configure the backend to record in one of the media
players supported formats?

I am trying to find a converter that will convert the MPG format to MPEG-4
or something so I can test this on my player.

I appreciate any information you can provide me.

Thanks!