[mythtv-users] Myth front end freeze. EEBox PC, ION2 VDPAU.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 14 18:33:08 UTC 2011

On 12/14/2011 01:21 PM, linux guy wrote:
> It kills fine from the remote terminal.  And you can rerun it without
> any problem.
>
> But if you press a key while its playing content, the EEEBox session
> locks up.   No response to any keys.   The remote terminal stays
> active.  And you can kill it again.
>
> It just locks when there are key presses.
>
> BTW: CPU load is 7-10%, not 20%.

Certain actions will result in an "input lock" (where mythfrontend stops
responding to any input at all--keyboard or LIRC or ...), such as the TV
Playback/SCREENSHOT key binding (not the "Screen Shot" jump point) on
0.24.x (and 0.23.x and ...).  I don't know of any others off the top of
my head, but there may be more.

If not something like that, it's possible that something is changing the
window/desktop/X display focus.  You could try switching focus to
another window (on the same desktop on the same X display) and then back
or switching to another desktop or another display and back and see if
input works, then. Note, also, that if something is setting focus to the
root window, it may stay there, even after switching to other
desktops/displays, so try everything you can think of to change focus
and change it back.

Mike