[mythtv-users] howto record shows for more 10 minutes ahead of schedule and 30 mins after

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 14 16:14:51 UTC 2011

On 12/14/2011 10:56 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 12/14/2011 05:03 AM, Rob Verduijn wrote:
>> theme: mythcenter wide-1.1
>>
>> I've found these options
>> anybody knows what the difference is between these ?
>>
>> option 1
>> utilities/setup->setup->tv-settings->recording priorities
>> then the options there are:
>> 'start early' -10
>> 'end late'  30
> And the setting and help text that you see right on that screen, when
> you've selected the setting, are:
>
> Default 'Start Early' minutes for new recording rules
> Set this to '0' unless you expect that the majority of your show times
> will not match your TV listings. This sets the initial start early or
> start late time when rules are created. These can then be adjusted per
> recording rule.
>
> and
>
> Default 'End Late' minutes for new recording rules
> Set this to '0' unless you expect that the majority of your show times
> will not match your TV listings. This sets the initial end late or end
> early time when rules are created. These can then be adjusted per
> recording rule.

Oh, and having read your subject, I should also say that

-10 start early means start 10 minutes late
30 start early means start 30 minutes early

-10 end late means end 10 minutes early
30 end late means end 30 minutes late

So the range for the "Default 'Start Early' minutes for new recording
rules " is between starting 30 minutes early and starting 10 minutes
late and the range for "Default 'End Late' minutes for new recording
rules" is between ending 10 minutes early and ending 30 minutes late.
I.e. even if you did want to change the "Default 'Start Early' minutes
for new recording rules", you could change it to start more than 10
minutes ahead of schedule.

Mike