[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime - Comcast: channel change error

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 04:00:17 UTC 2011

I looked around for this problem but saw no specific reference but
some other errors that may lead to an answer to my problem.

Here's what I have:
HDHR
HDHR Prime 3 channels
HD3000
San Jose, CA
Comcast

When I try to switch LiveTV to HDHR Prime within MythTV I always rvc
an error. (I've actually find search hits on this error:)

"Error: Channel change failed"

But sometimes I rcv the word

 "within"

along with the error msg above. I don't know what this means.
(I don't see any obvious channel switching errors in Mythfrontend log
(default setting))

When I use  hdhomerun_config_gui to tune to a physical channel
(starting at 17) I rcv channel 60.1 (KCSM). And, I do rcv some of my
subscribed channels as I scan up (didn't check all)

This morning I called Comcast to send an INIT to the card and they
did. They also said it looked like the card was set up correctly in
the first place, but they'd do it anyway. This resulted in no change.

I've read here that .24 fixes uses the channel ID for channel
switching (and .25 uses freqid) so this leads me to believe it's a
virtual channel issue.

Here's my first question: Should I be able to see virtual channel 2
(for those in the SFBay Area) using hdhomerun_config_gui?
Or have I set up MythTV incorrectly for HDHR Prime? (I followed the
wiki config instructions, which seems hard to mess up.)