[mythtv-users] Frame by frame rewind problems

Christopher Peters cpeters at ucmo.edu
Mon Dec 12 21:28:58 UTC 2011

I can try the latest Myth, but I really would like to stick with 0.21 for the PVR350 output support.

KP

Kit Peters (W0KEH), Engineer II
KMOS TV Channel 6 / KTBG 90.9 FM
University of Central Missouri
http://kmos.org/ | http://ktbg.fm/

On 13 December 2011 02:41, Christopher Peters <cpeters at ucmo.edu> wrote:

> Using the MPEG-2 test file provided at
> http://www.jhepple.com/support/sample_movies1.htm , I've compared
> frame-by-frame forward and reverse output under MythTV and avidemux.  When
> I back up a frame in avidemux, it looks as I would expect it to look - skip
> back one frame and no subsequent motion.  However, when I do the same thing
> in Myth, it looks as though it's skipping back several frames, *then*
> advancing to the requested frame.  As I'm trying to make this particular
> box into a slow-motion replay box for my school's athletics department (as
> I've said previously on-list), this behavior is a problem.  Is there a way
> I can make MythTV behave similarly to avidemux w/r/t frame reverse?
>
> System:
>
> Mythdora 10.21 (MythTV 0.21)
> Hauppauge WinTV PVR-500 (capture)
> Hauppauge WinTV PVR-350 (playback)
> Pentium 4 3.2GHz processor
> 2 GB RAM
> 1 TB disk
>

> Kit Peters (W0KEH), Engineer II
> KMOS TV Channel 6 / KTBG 90.9 FM
> University of Central Missouri
> http://kmos.org/ | http://ktbg.fm/
>

> First thing that everyone is going to recommend is upgrading to atleast
0.24.1-fixes, 0.21 is now several years old but and there have been many
fixes and improvements since then.

Cheers,

Anthony