[mythtv-users] Question on JYA Repos for Oneric

Jim Oltman jim.oltman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 14:46:53 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:

> I was under the impression that he backported the audio fixes from
> 0.24 to 0.23. If that is the case then they should be in the 0.24
> repository

He also made a backport of the Audio enhancements to the Setup menu.
 Specifically, the option to enable HD Audio codecs and a Speaker Test.  I
decided to drop my new FE back to 10.10 and use his repo.  This seems to
work with the 11.10 MythBuntu backend w/fixes repo.  I thought this would
cause an issue with selecting HD Audio codecs as the database might not
have the correct tables to store those switches.  I am having an issue with
the Speaker Test.  I chose the correct HDMI output (nVidia 430GT), and had
the option to enable DTS-MA HD and Dolby TrueHD.  When I run the speaker
test, I only get sound out of the front right and left channels.  No sound
anywhere else.  However, when I play a video, everything works as expected
( and I get the HD audio codecs).  I am having an issue with some FLAC file
crashing MythMusic.  I need to run it through mplayer and verify bitrates
etc.  The file starts to play fine, then about 20 seconds in, the frontend
crashes.  I'll create a separate thread for it.