[mythtv-users] Dual HVR-2250 cards - Problem after restart

Robert Shields rwshields at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 14:11:32 UTC 2011

I have 2 physical DVR-2250 cards in my mythTV server (Running Ubuntu 10.4,
not sure which kernel version, but I know the driver was included in the
kernel - sorry for lack of specifics, I am not at home right now).

What I have found is that after a restart only one of them is loaded.  To
get the 2nd card to be recognized I need to shutdown the server, physical
reseed both cards and boot up (then they are both recognized).  I then have
to go into mythtv-setup and add the 2nd card again.

I don't reboot the server very often, but my house does lose power now and
then and this is kind of a hassle to deal with everytime.  Has anyone else
experienced something similar?  Any thoughts?  Let me know what other
details would help.

Thanks,
Rob