[mythtv-users] mythdvd crash on first play

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 11:21:14 UTC 2011

i'm running mythbuntu 11.04 x64 with 0.24.1. it is an FE only machine
(BE is seperate)

we rent DVD's from LoveFilm, and the last few times we've played a
disc we've always had issues on the first run.... as in we insert
disc, click 'play dvd', and mythfrontend will crash.
re-opening mythfrontend will allow the dvd to run correctly.
i always give the disc an inspection and a clean when required so i do
not think it is a disc fault. especially since we've had issues the
last 2 times we've played a disc.

i'm guessing im going to need logs, so here they are (:
http://pastebin.com/3wG0JiXc
we tried to watch the DVD around 2011-12-03 19:43, and i see an ICE
error on line 53 - could this be the cause? line 54 is where i would
of VNC'd in and restarted mythfrontend.

in the past, i do have the odd occurrence of the .ICEAuthority file
going bad (possibly internet DNS issue. last time it went bad i had no
internet). I resolved it by renamed that file so it recreates on the
next boot.

i dont have any other issues with mythtv other than this, tv and video
files both play fine.

any ideas?