[mythtv-users] Different frontends can't play the same video using the Internal player

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Dec 9 19:07:34 UTC 2011

On 12/9/2011 11:18, Milomak wrote:
> I am having a problem with watching videos using the Internal player
> on 2 of my frontends. Both happen to have onboard nVidia cards (both
> GeForce 8200) . On my one frontend with a nVidia GTX295, the videos
> play without issue. All 3 systems run Debian Unstable. The problematic
> video plays when using mplayer2 on the affected systems.

What playback profile are you using on those 8200s?  An 8200 is really
awful in terms of performance.  Decoding is performed on a custom ASIC
shared between all the nVidia cards, but deinterlacing is done on the
graphics shader hardware.  You have the Advanced 2x deinterlacer
selected, and I doubt an 8200 could use that filter in real time even at
PAL resolutions.