[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime vs Hauppauge DCR-2650

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:04:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Dale Pontius <DEPontius at edgehp.net> wrote:

> This past week Comcast moved several channels from analog to digital.
> Four of those channels combined carry probably 80% of what I record.
>
> So I'm thinking about one or two CableCards and new hardware.  At this
> point that most likely means either the HDHomeRun Prime or the Hauppauge
> DCR-2650.

Just a reminder that if those four channels are not marked copy-freely, the
HDHR Prime or DCR-2650 will not allow you to record them from Linux.  If
they have copy protection in place, only Windows Media Server will be able
to record those channels.

I put off purchasing a CC tuner and I'm still using my HD-PVR + STB since
most of the channels Time Warner provides in the Raleigh, NC area are not
marked copy-freely.

/Brian/