[mythtv-users] Auto-transcode to x264 and update MythTV database along the way

Robert Waldner waldner at waldner.priv.at
Thu Dec 8 23:58:59 UTC 2011

Aloha,

after looking through Google search results for quite some time, I
 can't find exactly what I'm looking for. Now, before I write it myself
 ... maybe someone already did, and I just didn't use the right keywords
 when searching.

What I'm looking for is a script that:
 - does the mythcommflag dance
 - runs HandBrakeCLI to transcode to x264 in a way that won't actually
   *cut* the commercials, just flag start/end with chapter markers
 - puts the result in an MKV container
 - in a prettified directory structure (like Title/Episode)
 - deletes the original file
 - updates the MythTV DB so that it points to the MKV file instead of
   the original
 - while retaining the original meta-data

Any hints?

There are some "use HandBrake to encode to x264" scripts out there, but
 none of them does all that I want, and the one that I threw together in
 a couple minutes also does just about 1/3.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- "If my son wants to be a pimp when he grows up, that's fine with me.  I
-- hope he's a good one and enjoys it and doesn't get caught. I'll support