[mythtv-users] CableCard surprise

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 14:49:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I ordered a CableCard on Monday from Verizon, and today I got three (3)
> boxes in the mail.  One contained the CableCard, and the other two each
> contained a DCT-700 digital adapter.  What madness is this?  Is this
> standard procedure, or is this extra equipment I'll be charged rent for?
>  I'll find out for sure tomorrow when I call them, but I thought I'd check
> here in the meantime.
>
> -Jerry

I have Charter and an HDHomeRun Prime, and I also received a tuning
adapter.  The TA sits between the Prime and the cable line in, I believe,
and it's hooked up via USB. I also wondered what the heck this thing was
and thought that Charter gave me an extra cable box, but it turns out that
it is required.