[mythtv-users] mythtv (or driver) hangs my mythbuntu box

José Silva jsantossilva at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 18:56:23 UTC 2011

I hadn't experienced this since I switched from Windows, I mean, having
to reach for the BRS (big red switch); not once since I am with linux.

After years wrestling with sound with a Pinnacle PCTV USB tuner, see:

  [mythtv-users] No sound after channel change with Pinnacle PCTV USB2 tuner

I decided to buy a MPEG2 hardware encoding tuner as someone advised, in
the instance, an used WinTV-PVR-USB2. I tested it with mplayer and it
works ok.

So, as I am already used to, I installed, uninstalled, reinstalled,
reformatted, clean-installed... mythtv (and mythbuntu) many times. And
after many unexplained bump-outs and hangs, I reached this totally
reproducible situation:

On a clean installed mythbuntu with a WinTV-PVR-USB2, when I click
WatchLiveTV the system completely hangs; no doubt, even ssh hangs. This
happens either accessing with the frontend of the backend server or
using a separated frontend machine.

After PowerOff/PowerOn and looking at the extensive log:

Query was:
SELECT r.title, ...
Bindings were:
:CHANID=1135, :RECSTARTTS=2011-12-07T18:36:45
Driver error was [2/126]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute statement
Database error was:
Incorrect key file for table './mythconverg/recordedprogram.MYI'; try to
repair it

2011-12-07 18:39:32.061
RingBuf(/var/lib/mythtv/livetv/1135_20111207183645.mpg) Error:
OpenFile(): File too small (0B).
2011-12-07 18:39:32.155 DB Error (LoadProgramFromRecorded):

I have to say that before this, I had repaired the database using
mythweb and deleted all files from /var/lib/mythtv/livetv. So, I suppose
the error on the key file happens during the process, everytime.

So, can anyone point me a direction, please?

jss