[mythtv-users] Setting up a backend on Ub11.10

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Dec 7 18:38:19 UTC 2011

Hi SiR,

On 07.12.2011 07:49, SiR GadaBout wrote:
> My plan is to attach a USB
> digital TV tuner and serve live TV to my local network machines running
> OS X 10.6.8 and iOS5. I'd also need to be able to perform remote
> scheduling of recordings.

I have just reread your original mail and noticed that your primary
target seems to be way more easily achieved with other products then
MythTV.
Like an EyeTV Netstream to get LiveTV to your iOS devices with one of
your OS X machines doing the scheduled recordings that you programmed
with your phone while on the way.

MythTV just isn't so great when you want mainly LiveTV and some
recordings. It works way better when you setup recordings for everything
you might be interested in and stay clear of LiveTV.

See LiveTV vs. MythTV
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:Daily_Use#Introduction

Regards,
Karl