[mythtv-users] DVB-S locking problem

Mark Carbonaro mark.carbonaro at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 04:49:39 UTC 2011

On 7 December 2011 15:02, Mark Carbonaro <mark.carbonaro at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> Thanks for looking into this for me, please find attached the two log
> outputs, the kernel log looks fairly uninteresting.
>
> The mybackend.log is from the time i started the recording, until it
> stopped producing output.  The recording is still going and recording
> file does seem to be growing and there hasn't been anymore log output.
>  I tried watching the recording, just get the timeout out waiting for
> data error.
>
> I tried to play the recording file with mplayer, got the follow output:
> Playing 4008_20111207081400.mpg.
> TS file format detected.
> NO VIDEO! NO AUDIO!  SUB Teletext(pid=1086)
> No stream found.
>
> I hope this helps highlight the problem.
>
> Thanks again,
> Mark

Ok, I'm starting to think this is a driver/card issue.

I have tried using TVHeadend and VDR with the same results, the client
is just left waiting for data.  I should wheel out the old PCI card
and see if the issue remains, problem is I don't have room in the
backend of a PCI card, so I'll have to build up a computer to test
this with, will take me a day or so (I have some gear at work I can
grab).