[mythtv-users] HD-PVR and SPDIF In

MythTV mythtv at blandford.net
Tue Dec 6 22:50:51 UTC 2011

On 12/06/2011 03:47 PM, John Nissley wrote:
> I have been running the HD-PVR with a Fedora 12 installation for a few
> years now and was using SPDIF instead of the analog inputs to the
> HD-PVR without any issues.  A week ago I upgraded(Fresh install on
> same hardware) to Fedora 16 and have been able to get everything
> working except for the SPDIF in to the HD-PVR.  About 50% of the time
> I get recordings without sound and in live tv mode the initial time
> the HD-PVR is accessed the sound is there but when I change channels
> the sound goes away.  Everything in fine when I switch to the analog
> sound inputs.
>
> I recall being required to do something to make this work properly
> initially but when I look through the archives it says to use v4l2-ctl
> but not really what to do with it.

I also use the HD-PVR with SPDIF.

Here is my config file from /etc/modprobe.d/hdpvr.conf

#parm:           default_video_input:default video input: 0=Component /
1=S-Video / 2=Composite (uint)
#parm:           default_audio_input:default audio input: 0=RCA back /
1=RCA front / 2=S/PDIF (uint)
#parm:           boost_audio:boost the audio signal (bool)

# Set audio to spdif
options hdpvr default_audio_input=2 default_video_input=0

options lirc_zilog debug=1

I don't know if that would help you but you might give it a try.

Michael